Transgender Woman who Tried to Turn Herself Into a Man After Rejection by Mother Kills Herself

Labels: » » » »
“I was the girl that nobody wanted,” Nancy Verhelst told Het Laatste Nieuws newspaper in the hours before her death.“While my brothers were celebrated, I got a storage room above the garage as a bedroom. ‘If only you had been a boy’, my mother complained. I was tolerated, nothing more.”Nancy Verhelst had hormone therapy in 2009, followed by a mastectomy and surgery to construct a penis in 2012. But “none of these operations worked as desired”. “I was ready to celebrate my new birth,” she told the newspaper. “But when I looked in the mirror, I was disgusted with myself. My new breasts did not match my expectations and my new penis had symptoms of rejection. I do not want to be… a monster. “
What we’re dealing with here of course is perception. Like the anorexic or the bulimic, this is a case of someone with a distorted self-image as a result of psychological dysfunction. Nancy was rejected by her mother. Instead of dealing with that problem, the establishment instead perversely decided to address the lack of a mother’s love by (mutilating) a grown woman into some warped creature that would only loosely resemble a man, but could never be a man, to meet the wishes of a mother who hated her. And when Nancy continued suffering. There was another solution. Death.

Translate