facebook and social networking censorship

Labels:
BREAKING NEWS ON A RESPONSE:

(after waiting for a ten billion dollar company for 72 hours.......)






Maradi from Facebook
to noah
October 2nd 3:38 pm
Hi,

This problem should now be resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience, and enjoy the site! Let me
know if you have any further questions.

Thanks for contacting Facebook,

Maradi
Customer Support Representative
Facebook


Appeals from Facebook
to noah
Hi,
Action has been taken on your account, and Facebook Customer Support has received your inquiry. We will review your situation and get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks for contacting Facebook.
-Facebook Customer Support


Information from Facebook
to noah
Hi,
Facebook Customer Support has received your inquiry. Stand by as we should be back with you soon. In the meantime, we encourage you to review our 'Help' page (http://www.facebook.com/help.php). You’ll find lots of information about Facebook as well as many answers to your questions. Check out the FAQs on our Support page too.
Thanks for contacting Facebook and enjoy the site!
-Facebook Customer Support


>>>>> On 10/1/07, Avery from Facebook wrote:
>>>>>> Hi Noah,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> It appears as though your account has not been hacked.  After
>>>>>> reviewing your situation, we have determined you violated our
>>>>>> Terms of Use.  Please note, nudity, drug use, or other obscene
>>>>>> content is not allowed on the website.  Additionally, we do not
>>>>>> allow users to send threatening, obscene, and harassing
>>>>>> messages.  Unsolicited messages will also not be tolerated. We
>>>>>> will not be able to reactivate your account for any reason.  This
>>>>>> decision is final.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks for understanding,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Avery
>>>>>> Customer Support Representative
>>>>>> Facebook




Your policy says that you will use discretion. That would mean warning me privately before you pull my profile out of existence in front of 400 friends and business associates. You have not been discrete at all. You have revoked your own policy. If there was outrageous behavior, I should of been informed what is was before this public libel. Somehow I get the feeling that facebook is reacting emotionally. You are not objectively following policy. Further you are putting my community into hysteria, because you are making assumptions of personal nudity, drug use or physical threats. Please answer promptly! If there is a drug using naked person in my house that is physically threatening that I don't know anything about, it might be a good time to tell me.

On 10/1/07 11:54 PM, "Noah Simon" wrote:

>>>>> On 10/1/07, Avery from Facebook wrote:
>>>>>> Hi Noah,
>>>>>> It appears as though your account has not been hacked.
>
> "It appears my account was not hacked"? How would you know that?
> I DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT... AND IT IS MY ACCOUNT! Anyone could hack Anyone's
> account by simply knowing a password. ...with the allegations you made... I would hope a company of your size would
> have the very best people working on this situation.
> YOUR ARE PUTTING CHILDREN @ RISK BY NOT COMMUNICATING PROMPTLY
>
> On 10/1/07 11:46 PM, "Noah Simon" wrote:
>
>> Your making some libelous allegations. I expect a response from you.
>> Children could get hurt if what you are saying is true. Elaborate
>> immediately to protect the innocent people who could be harmed. Your irreverence to
>> other people's children will be noted if I do not get a prompt response. If what
>> you are claiming is true, then many children could be effected including my
>> son. I would hope that these allegations are not frivolous. If you are
>> serious about these allegations then I demand you go into details about what
>> you are saying.
>>
>> On 10/1/07 8:05 PM, "Noah Simon" wrote:
>>
>>> I expect a dialog. Not this cookie cutter response you are fabricating.
>>> Address the issues @ hand. Children could be hurt because of your
>>> irresponsibility. If there is a threat... We need to know about. If there
>>> was no threat.... Put the account back that way it was!
>>>
>>> On 10/1/07 8:02 PM, "Noah Simon" wrote:
>>>
>>>> I need better communication from you if you are going to continue with such
>>>> a drastic action. I need to know if there were any threats made on my
>>>> account.
>>>> The safety of my child is at issue. It is your responsibility to respond
>>>> promptly if there is a danger to children. When was a threat made and why
>>>> is there such discretion if there is such a danger? This censorship issue is
>>>> a slippery slope of morality, I see no reason for such a drastic move unless
>>>> there is a serious danger to other people. If there is a danger your
>>>> response
>>>> mechanism is unforgivable. My child could be hurt because of your
>>>> irresponsibility.
>>>>
>>>> I'm very worried about that pervert hacker who is showing himself naked,
>>>> taking drugs and making obscene comments. Please respond immediately. He
>>>> could hurt other children.
>>>>
>>>> If there is no threat,
>>>> We demand you reinstate the account of Noah David Simon
>>>>
>>>> For people who are making allegations of:
>>>>
>>>> "nudity, drug use, or other obscene content"
>>>>
>>>> I would expect a quicker response.... Children's lives could be hurt!
>>>> If I really were doing these things and I had my child online and it took
>>>> forty-eight hours for you to do something about it, I would take legal
>>>> action
>>>> against your company.
>>>>
>>>> PLEASE ELABORATE ON YOUR ACCUSATIONS!
>>>> Innocent children could be hurt.
>>>>
>>>> I am going to assume that I have been hacked. I find it hard to believe a
>>>> corporation of your size could be so irresponsible. I would hope facebook
>>>> does the right thing and elaborates on the details of what happened so that
>>>> we
>>>> can know if a third party like a "pervert" hacker was involved.
>>>>
>>>> I am very worried about the children who still believe in your company.
>>>>
>>>> On 10/1/07 3:14 PM, "Noah Simon" wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> "nudity, drug use, or other obscene
>>>>> content is not allowed on the website."
>>>>>
>>>>> 1) I don't use drugs... except maybe coffee
>>>>> 2) I was not nude... neither was anyone else
>>>>> 3) obscene content? Describe what you felt was obscene.
>>>>>
>>>>> ELABORATE PLEASE.... THESE ARE HUGE ALLEGATIONS YOU MAKE!
>>>>>
>>>>> your company is worth ten billion dollars and you don't have the ability
>>>>> to describe what obscene is to you? Jerry Falwell used to do it... and he
>>>>> was worth much less.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> [noah@simonstudio.com - Fri Sep 28 14:17:32 2007]:
>>>>>> all I know is that it isn't just my facebook account.
>>>>>> my entourage is crashing....
>>>>>>   everything on my computer is haywire right now.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> please tell me what is going on.
>>>>>>      if there is a problem it would be best to tell me.
>>>>>>  I have problems with my computer on my end.

Translate