flixster the trickster

click here for the past argument with facebook

click here for the past argument with Amanda Chapel



> -----Original Message to Facebook-----
> From: Noah Simon (noahdavidsimon@gmail.com)
> To: info+d7xcwzp@facebook.com, disabled@facebook.com, appeals@facebook.com
> Subject: Re: Networks Help: I can't access my college network
>
> my college email address is simonstudio@alumni.cmu.edu I can't join my
> college network because a previous account was disabled. apparently because
> I used my own contact list to contact old friends. Being an artist I had
> many contacts. Considering that Robert Scoble has set a new precedent on
> facebook with contact information, I demand that you relinquish my college
> email from disabling or find another way for me join my college network. I
> spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to get my diploma and worked very
> hard to get my piece of paper. It is wrong of you to keep me from accessing
> my peers, teachers and network. Since you don't own Carnegie Mellon
> University and since you are in essence being given the responsibility with
> my schools name. I demand that you allow the Alumni access to it's network
> irreguardless of any differences any individuals have with your "Invite"
> interface.

(it should be noted that facebook did respond to this and fixed this situation)

the next letter in to one of to Applications of facebook:
facebook informed me that my old account on facebook was disabled because they didn't like me inviting people. I had a lot of friends 
 and was not marketing anything. at any rate I need to update my
 FLIXSTER account to this facebook profile
.
I stopped using this account when I lost access to it on facebook.
 you need to fix this issue. I have talked to other services that
 work with facebook for example Yedda... and they have the ability to do this and did. I happened to know the people who ran Yedda...
 but I know for a fact if you wanted to you could fix this issue.


On Jan 11, 2008 5:17 PM,
Janna McGregor <> wrote:


Hello -

We are not able to move data from one Facebook account to another - 
I'm sorry.



Janna
Flixster User Support

On Jan 12, 2008, at 12:47 AM,
Noah David Simon wrote: 



can I move my data to a new flixster account?


On Jan 13, 2008, at 5:46 AM,
Noah David Simon wrote:



no I just need to move the data... I don't want to use the old facebook account. all I know is I talk to my Yedda people who also have an Ap with facebook and they do not have this issue. what makes flixster different?




On Jan 12, 2008 11:22 PM,
Janna McGregor wrote:



You would need to reactivate the old Facebook account, then upgrade to a Flixster account.





Janna
Flixster User Support


On Jan 17, 2008, at 11:20 AM,
Noah David Simon wrote:


You telling me a start-up company like Yedda is more powerful then the mighty flixster.... Your all accessing the same facebook





Noah David Simon
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:31:43 -0500
To: Janna McGregor
Subject: Re: Flixster on Facebook (1-10-2008 11:27 PM)

ah now the truth comes out. but the truth is facebook has been doing things that are not respectable. I was thrown off for using my own contact list to contact my own people. Can I help it that I know 7000? I was social before social networks.

I don't know if you were following the news... but Robert Scoble beat facebook on this same issue... so they are now reviewing the situation. If they do not take my side.... I WILL take legal action, because I believe that disabling someone for using their own contacts when they are not marketing a product is a form of Libel. It might be a good idea to work with me here... because your company could be seen as cooperating with a very illicit operation. Believe it or not... I'm not the only one who is very upset with the way facebook is treating people's information.

maybe you didn't hear about the "Beacon" either... but facebook is not loved by people right now.

the social networks need to understand that our contact information is our own... and we were just nice enough to share it with you. as I am speaking the industry is splintering because people are very tired of being bullied. Big name A-listers are talking about creating their own social networks with the new open social platform being proposed. I'm friends with many of those people and believe me they might like to know how flixster operates with it's users.

On Jan 17, 2008 4:21 PM, Janna McGregor wrote:
Noah -

It's not that we can't do this; we simply choose not to. We respect Facebook's decisions to shut down individual users' accounts, and will not build an interface enabling banned users to migrate data. Whether to allow this is up to the discretion of each individual application.


Janna
Flixster User Support

Translate