social net artist

Labels:
I'm getting social netted...

I'm a bit tired.... of this whole groove.

I saw some friends work... and it was great... but he isn't meeting people.... it was crafted well because his influences are less. He is detached... I can see it in the work. His own studies and yet kind of not in touch.
I think I am starting a new kind of identity... artist who specialize online...
it very much is a different beast then the craft of drawing.
our work is fresher because... we are receiving outside influences....
for example I no longer need to go out and get my own studies...
most of my drawings are actually collages of other peoples photos now... there is no point anymore to going out and taking my own pictures. I'm skilled enough an artist to alter an image enough so that it is no longer the same person or thing and I juxtapose it differently...

at first I thought I was cheating and I shouldn't tell people that this was what was going on... but now I feel that perhaps this sampling and juxtaposing is something that needs to be explored theoretically. It isn't like rap sampling because we are taking the study and changing it completely... the original work has no resemblance. In fact the original work is often a photo taken by an amateur that is not striking in it's artistic matter because it lacks drama... and that can be brought in by what I do...

I wonder what Albert Einstein would
say about social net artists?

90% ass kissing 10% art

Translate