What I use online

Labels:
A lot of people want less social networking options... so I thought I would tell everyone without the bullshit what I like...
Computer: Mac Laptop ...but I would be fine on a PC....
(the actual computer is kind of not an issue these days. get me something that works)
Browser: Apple Safari is the best one... the other's have interesting gimmicks but in the end Safari is more stable.
With a browser it is the less is more theory. For a bit I was real excited about "Flock", but in the end "Flock" is just slightly slow. I also recommend turning off all Applications on REBOOT and running each thing separate. Nothing worse then speed problems. Flock is an option if you are only using facebook, but for real surfing... Safari all the way. I occasionally watch Jeff Pulver's show on BLOGTV and I have to use Firefox because BLOGTV isn't compatible with safari. So nothing is perfect. My default browser is still SAFARI. and that is about it... anything else and you are wasting time. I would say the biggest letdown for me is firefox... which I was a big fan of and these days seems super clunky. A lot of these other browsers besides Safari are neat... but in the end they crash. Something about Apple just fucking works better. So come here Steve Jobs get down on your knees and kiss my ass because no doubt Apple is where it is at these days

MySpace and facebook - both have a value. One is a larger standard and the other has video and graffitiwall. Frankly all the facebook applications are really fucking stupid though and I'm not convinced that MySpace is missing the boat on that. I mean that. I like the way facebook integrates outside platforms though. (If Myspace really goes OPEN PLATFORM with success I could see dropping facebook in a heartbeat. I really didn't like getting kicked off of facebook 9 times for being friendly and if they aren't the more high tech platform they certainly aren't the more friendly environment.)

TWITTER is a great way to get to know people before you become "friends"... best client for TWITTER is "TWITTERIFIC"

Skype is the best chat tool. It runs very nicely in the background

Blogger Obviously... and it integrates better with facebook... aargh

search and email Google and Gmail

My favorite websites outside of the simplicity I mentioned is "Yedda" for questions and answers and "Project Playlist" for stealing music from people illegally and pissing off my musician cousins.

Translate