Ghost

Labels:

Check out this interesting answer on Yedda


Yedda – People. Sharing. Knowledge.Ever seen a ghost?

people think your crazy when you say you have.  the thing about ghosts is you don't exactly see them. It's like you see them flicker subliminally like spliced into the film of reality.  One flash you see them like a flickering strobe light and then they are gone.  It is almost like they are part of your imagination and maybe they are... but I can't not believe in them because I know things in the universe are more complicated then we understand and consciousness is a very complex thing... it is hard to believe that a tortured soul just disappears.

There have been two moments in my life where I saw something.  Once was is the basement of my parents victorian Montclair NJ home that we sold in the 80's.  The address was 105 Llewellyn Road and it had a lot of strange energy.  Who could resist having an acre and a half of property so near New York for so low a price.  The house is just gorgeous.  I still have pictures of it and we have a photo still of the house taken a hundred years ago My family fought with itself a lot during this period and nearly divorced. There is something very ill about the town of Montclair NJ itself, it has always had racial friction and many rich New Yorkers lived there a hundred years ago.  The book "Cheaper by the Dozen" took place around the corner and Yogi Berra's mansion is about two blocks away.  This specific house seems to break up what ever family moved into it.  It is quite a beautiful house of course and who ever inherits the house will have a meeting from someone who will tell them that if they sell the house they have to leave the grandfather clock with the house.  I thought that was bizarre.  The clock has got to be a fortune and if you buy the house then the contents of it are yours.  I still think my parent's marriage survived because they respected the wishes of the original owners and didn't sell the clock when they gave up the house.  (I'm getting shivers right now as I write this as I think maybe telling this story could jinx me)  At any rate I swear to g-d that I saw an older woman in a long grayish dress and hair kept up in a bun working with the pickling jars in the basement.  She wasn't interested in me and frankly I think she is annoyed with who ever moves into that house, especially since my family is of a semitic Jewish background and these were obviously caucasian ghosts from a hundred years ago that were less then thrilled to have us in the neighborhood.  It was like she was there one moment in the side of your eye and then she was gone.  

Topics:  ,

Answered by SimonStudio on April 22, 2008

View the entire discussion on YeddaYedda – People. Sharing. Knowledge.


Translate