Winona jumps on the Anti-Mel Gibson train.... now?

Labels: »

Reported:
'Mel Gibson called me an oven-dodger', claims Winona Ryder
Winona Ryder claims she was ahead of the times when it comes to Mel Gibson and his habit of spouting controversial and offensive slurs and jibes.
In fact, the 39-year-old actress says she had a disturbing run in with the veteran Mad Max actor way back in the mid-nineties...'I remember, like, fifteen years ago, I was at one of those big Hollywood parties. And [Gibson] was really drunk,' Ryder, 39, tells the January issue of GQ about the controversial actor, 54.
'I was with my friend, who's gay. [Gibson] made a really horrible gay joke. And somehow it came up that I was Jewish.
'He said something about "oven dodgers," but I didn't get it,' Ryder admits of the slur, an ugly reference to the gas chambers employed to murder millions of Jewish prisoners at the camps during the Holocaust. 'I'd never heard that before. It was just this weird, weird moment. I was like, "He's anti-Semitic and he's homophobic." No one believed me!'
...Ryder, born Winona Horowitz, is half Jewish and in the past has revealed that many of her relatives died in the Holocaust.
I hate Mel Gibson's bigotry as much as the next Jew does... and I enjoyed the acting of both Mel at times and Wynona... however she was in the limelight and had a soapbox and didn't report this before? frankly I'm pissed at her. she ain't so cool herself. shape up Horowitz! I don't trust her. She might be pretty and all that... but I trust Mel before her. One thing about Mel. He is kind of honest about his shit. Not that this justifies anything he says or does, but he has a streak of real that people relate to. I apologize if I offend anyone, but she should shut her hole. Mel is an asshole and a bigot, but I don't believe her.

Translate