Twitter Support :: Request #797676

Labels:

Request 797676

Submitted Dec 26, 2009 07:37 am by you
I understand you refuse to allow me my old account @NoahDavidSimon back from two years ago because you feel I broke the terms. is there any way for the account I use now to become @NoahDavidSimon now? it is the branding I use everywhere else on the internet and it makes no sense for me to be @CriticalAnalyst because people do not know it is me and have a hard time finding me. Whatever damage you might feel my old account caused to your archetecture, it was at a point where very few us understood social media. I'd like to move on. can I have the name I was born with back? I'd like for you to delete the account you suspended, so that I can change CriticalAnalyst to NoahDavidSimon
thanks





ginger
Twitter




  • Hello. The account @NoahDavidSimon has been permanently suspended. We will not be able to release the username to you. It looks like we have discussed this with you, most recently in ticket #574645. This is a permanent suspension, so this will not change going forward.
    Ginger
Dec-30 2009 10:31 am.





  • just get it off of a twitter url at the very least. I do not want my name saying that it is suspended. it is a form of libel. further... I was able to unsuspend it a few months ago... so that isn't accurate either. they then suspended it for no reason this year. or if they had a reason they never clarified it. I didn't hack the account either ginger... the admins left the account open and I was using it.
    David Appletree can attest to this because he was talking to it.
Dec-30 2009 09:29 pm.



  • if the account was permanently suspended two years ago, then how is it I was using it this year without hacking into the account? obviously this permanent ban is not as systematic as twitter is claiming
Dec-30 2009 09:31 pm.



  • the real problem here is that when I was certain this year that my account had been returned to me... I then promoted it to my business contacts as my twitter account. in fact I even sent a tweet to the admins thanking them for doing the right thing and bringing back the account. then it was re-suspended again arbitrarily. no reason given... as if some mistake had been made. the account had been running again for about a month and half. (@JIDF is my witness and I have the tweets as evidence in friendfeed) then they suspended it again in front of all my business connections without giving any reason. when I asked they didn't respond.
Dec-30 2009 10:12 pm.



  • Ginger I noticed @Ruth_Z's account was brought back and I have heard of others who have been reinstated. it really hurts my business for people to go to a suspended account. they do look for me there. when my account was destroyed I had not broken any terms. it was not clear at the time that I was infringing on anything. the presumption that I had defied any architecture was questionable. I understand that this became a personal issue for some people who are close to some of the more powerful people at your company, but my objectives were for the best for people. I've tried explaining it before, but to prove that I could get around a block was of interest to protect your users. when I did what I did... there had never been anything like twitter before. it was a ground breaking action that was completely documented and explained to people. I was not a threat. I was doing your company a favor. you can see from my online presence that I am involved in helping many people and I give a lot back to the community. please give that quality consideration before judging me.
Jan-01 2010 12:24 pm.



  • also ticket #574645 was deleted. why?
Jan-01 2010 12:26 pm.

Translate