Running for cover in Ashkelon tonight as Tzeva Adom missile
warning is heard [Source: AFP]
Based on reports from Times of Israel, Ynet and other sources
- Rocket fire barrages have been crashing into southern Israel for the past several hours. Twenty-four Qassam and GRAD rockets, as well as mortar shells, have been fired from northern Gaza at Israel so far tonight.
- A car took a direct in a town in the Sha’ar Hanegev region adjacent to the Gaza Strip.
- Schools have been ordered closed tomorrow (Sunday) in the town of Gan Yavne, and a decision about the neighbouring city of Ashdod will be made at first light tomorrow morning.
- Commercial traffic through the Kerem Shalom crossing from Israel into Gaza has been canceled until further notice.
- A rocket crashed into the Ashkelon area while we were writing this post (11:10 pm). Numerous regions of southern Israel have heard Tzeva Adom incoming missile warnings in the last few minutes.The night is not yet over.
A short while ago, the IDF targeted a rocket launching squad in the northern Gaza Strip moments after it fired rockets towards southern Israel. A direct hit was confirmed.
Over the past few hours, 25 rockets fired from the Gaza Strip hit southern Israel. An additional rocket was successfully intercepted by ‘Iron Dome’.
The IDF will not tolerate any attempt to harm Israeli civilians, and will operate against anyone who uses terror against the State of Israel. The Hamas terror organization is solely responsible for any terrorist activity emanating from the Gaza Strip.