NY Subway Murder Suspect Was 'Having Bad Day'

Labels: » » » » »
Doesn't sound like she knows the difference between Hindus and Muslims: A woman accused of murdering a man by pushing him in front of a New York City subway train has said she did it because she was having a bad day. Erika Menendez, 31, has been charged with murdering Sunando Sen, a (Hindu) Indian immigrant, last month."My mind was just racing that day. I was mad," she said in an interview with the New York Post. The interview was conducted at the city jail where she is awaiting trial. "I was homeless. I was hungry. I was fighting with my boyfriend. He came running up the stairs, and I just got up and pushed him." "He was trying to shake me off," she said. Menendez, from the Bronx, has told detectives she was motivated by hatred of Muslims and Hindus since the September 11, 2001 attacks. In the interview, she said she had picked her victim because of his ethnicity. Mr Sen, 46, was Hindu. Menendez told the newspaper she has "been beating up Muslims and Hindus for a long time".

Translate