Eye On The World: Wife of CIA base bomber: "I am proud of my husband"

ISTANBUL (AFP) – The Turkish wife of the Jordanian suicide bomber who killed seven CIA agents in Afghanistan expressed pride on Thursday in what he had done.

"I am proud of my husband. He carried out a great operation in this war. I hope Allah will accept his martyrdom, if he has become a martyr," Defne Bayrak told reporters in Istanbul, where she lives.

"I am not ashamed. He did this against the American occupation" of Afghanistan, she said, the Turkish news agency Anatolia reported.

Bayrak's husband, Humam Khalil Abu-Mulal al-Balawi, blew himself up at a US military base near the Pakistani border on December 30 in the deadliest attack against the Central Intelligence Agency since 1983. [...]

"It is not likely my husband was a spy because he was an enemy of America... My husband could have only exploited America and Jordan," she was quoted by Anatolia as saying.

More...

...hey what about the Jordanian relative of King Hussein? bet you won't feel the same way when they get their claws on you

Posted via web from noahdavidsimon's posterous

Translate