ICC Warns Libya's Saif al-Islam Against Fleeing

Labels: »
(REUTERS.COM: h/t Libra Bunda) The International Criminal Court said on Saturday Saif al-Islam Gaddafi was in contact through intermediaries about surrendering for trial, but it also had information mercenaries were trying to spirit him to a friendly African nation.
The ICC has warned the 39-year-old, apparently anxious not to be captured by Libyan interim government forces in whose hands his father Muammar Gaddafi was killed last week, that it could order a mid-air interception if he tried to flee by plane from his Sahara desert hideout for a safe haven. » | Aaron Gray-Block | THE HAGUE | Saturday, October 29, 2011
THE GUARDIAN: Gaddafi's son says he is innocent: Saif al-Islam Gaddafi has told the International Criminal Court he is innocent of alleged crimes against humanity » | Reuters | Saturday, October 29, 2011
Part of me is cynical enough to wish he'd get away. He is not worse then the rebels who replaced him. This whole thing is all because the Europeans felt his Dad was bad publicity, had bad fashion taste and Europe wanted the oil. America should of never been involved in this. There are no good guys here. I really could care less if next week this guy would takeover Libya. Anyone have any arguments otherwise?

Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Translate