Robert Downey Jr. Asks Hollywood to "Forgive" Mel Gibson

Labels: »
Media_httpwwwusmagazi_facktFriday night Downey, 46, accepted an American Cinematheque Award in Beverly Hills, and the actor used his time on stage to ask Hollywood to forgive Gibson. But Downey, who is proudly clean and sober today, isn't about to judge Gibson. "Mel and I have the same lawyer, same publicist, and same shrink. I couldn't get hired and he cast me," Downey said. "He said if I accepted responsibility -- he called it hugging the cactus -- long enough, my life would take meaning. And if he helped me, I would help the next guy. But it was not reasonable to expect the next guy would be him."
It isn't Gibson's vice problems that are the issue... it is that Mel Gibson had an agenda when he was sober. I have seen little change from him.

Translate