stealing the NYTimes

Labels: »

My mother just called the police on some stranger who is reading her NYTimes. I don't know what is more crazy. the guy who is stealing the paper or my famly for having a subscription. my mother loves men in authority. she loves watching "Law and Order" and gets excited by the police. I think she gets her kicks that way. she calls the police about once every few months. she really believes in authority. always has. I guess that is why she gets so excited about Hilary Clinton and big government. it is their generation. they like big social community activity: festivals, parades, theatre and arts. everything in their lives has to have an air of power. I used to think it was just me that she calls the cops on all the time, but she does it to my father and when she had her surgery she called security on the nurses. complete control obsession. when I walked in I asked who it was... and she refused to tell me. she wasn't threatened at all. she just wanted to have a man in uniform in her house. pathetic when you think that in Germany the cops would of come and taken her away to an oven. I think it is a fetish or something. my parents just like the police. it isn't just my mother either. it is both of them. dad and mom. they love the government. they love the schools. they love politicians. they love parades and fanfare. they love anything organized. I'm religious, but they love going to organized worship. I don't enjoy that part of religion and would prefer to pray in a small minion. it is a generational desire to be a part of a larger power structure. it is an epidemic. the old timers like festivals and structure. if they can't have "Woodstock" and arts and Jazz festivals then they call the police for stupid reasons. everything to bring people together. everything for the spectacle. everything to centralize the horde of opinion and bodies. it is an illness and it seems to of effected a whole generation. don't they know people brought together in groups are inherently corrupt, petty, and destructive? don't they know that we should avoid larger structures at all costs! that better cultural architecture is designed to keep people from being around each other all the time? when I'm needy I don't call the police. I don't crave large parties. I don't crave spectacles and theatre. I fear the NEA.

Translate