F*ck You, CafePress

Labels:

The other day, I posted "f*ck justin bieber" shirts and other items for sale on my CafePress store. Yes, yes, it's sophomoric, but that's not the point here. In a stunningly hypocritical move, CafePress sent an email to me demanding that I remove the items. CafePress gave this as their reason:
We recently learned that your CafePress.com account contains material which may not be in compliance with our policies. Specifically, designing, manufacturing, marketing and/or selling products that may infringe the rights of a third party, including, copyrights (e.g., an image of a television cartoon character), trademarks (e.g., the logo of a company), "rights in gross" (e.g., the exclusive right of the U.S. Olympic Committee to use the "Olympic Rings"), and rights of privacy and publicity (e.g., a photo of a celebrity) are prohibited.br>Accordingly, we have set the content that we believe to be questionable to "pending status" which disables said content from being displayed in your shop or purchased by the public."

Ahem, I did NOT use Bieber's photo or likeness. I did not use his logo. Here's my response to CafePress. Accordingly, I then posted some "f*ck your f*cking content usage policy" merchandise... on CafePress. F*ck 'em. Hey, also check out "Speed Matters" at iOwnTheWorld. They don't like Justin Bieber, either.
typical web two point zero story. the discretion of these companies is out of hand

Translate