how the Anti-Israel machine propagandizes to Artists

Labels: » » » » » » »
...Rich Siegel:
Propagandist and lousy musician...
...Juden Rats think Israel
...does not have the right to exist
...
Rich Siegel thanks for connect- plz watch my video, 12 minutes, song followed by 2 short talks http://www.vimeo.com/6630724
Sarah Levine Simon Rich we will have to agree to disagree. Too many Israelis including my friends and relatives have lost their lives at the hands of Palestinian extremist. Wish there was a simple solution but when people want to kill jews and hide behind innocent children, the result is what you sing about.
Rich Siegel
That's pure propaganda. The one's who use children as human shields are the IDF.
Sarah Levine Simon
I disagree!
Rich Siegel
That's fine, but the documented facts are not on your side.
Sarah Levine Simon
I also disagree there. I know the history of the situation. The British are in large part responsible for the creation of situation. and Ha ha! Now their erudite academic institutions would like to prevent Israeli Scholars from lecturing. This is just recycled antisemitism.
Rich Siegel
You can say you know whatever you want, but clearly you don't know. I've been studying the situation for a long time- own a pretty impressive library on the subject- lived there and worked there. So your claim that you know anything is frankly meaningless. You could tell me you know that water is not wet. OK fine- you can think what you want.
Sarah Levine Simon Don't trust every book you collect. Learn to argue without the ad hominem attack. You'll do more to further your agenda right or wrong. Are you a Jew?
Rich Siegel Did you watch the video? It clearly states that I'm a Jew. Circumcised, Hebrew School, bar mitzvah, president of Zionist youth group as a teenager, lived and worked in "Israel" in my 20's- yes I'm a Jew. re: books- I have read BOTH SIDES extensively. And I recommend anyone do this- including you. When one examines both points of view it becomes clear who is obfuscating and who is telling the truth.
Sarah Levine Simon
Frankly, your attempt at sampling put me off. You could be a propagandist plant. Right now you exist in cyberspace for me. I have read both sides and I did make up my mind, so thanks
Rich Siegel
To be fair I'm re-reading what I wrote looking for an ad hominem attack and I'm not finding any. Could you be specific as to what you object to? I believe I'm simply not letting you get away with stating falsehoods. As for your last comment, you can believe what you want. I assure you I am exactly as I represent myself. That's me in the video, I have a new CD coming out soon which will contain relevant material. Also a new book, a sort of political auto-biography, and an essay in a friends book- that book is a collection of essays by Jews who were raised as Zionists and who have become pro-Palestine activists as adults.
Sarah Levine Simon
I'm very troubled by the statement to the effect that when one examines both sides it becomes clear who is obfuscating. You make statements that you never back with facts. If you were in my class I'd flunk you. Moreover, let me tell you something about music. I love Wagner and Wolf, two of the most virulent anti semites that ever existed. Why? Because really good music supercedes dialectic and propaganda. Your are limiting your musical expression to a political idea and you are missing out on a lot of possibility.
Rich Siegel
posted on your wall- my response was too long- was not allowed to post here
Sarah Levine Simon
You can send that to sarah@sarahlevinesimon.com . For me FB is about the music and recipe sharing. I want to address what you are saying but not on FB.
Rich Siegel
OK- but it's on your wall already- won't do it again- you can respond to me at rich@richsiegel.com
Sarah Levine Simon
Good. I removed it from my wall and not because I disagree with you but because I am not using my wall to hold town hall meetings.
Rich Siegel
That's fine, but I can't re-send it as I didn't save it anywhere, so if you read it and care to respond, you can respond to rich@richsiegel.com If not, I'm not going to write it again- I did what you asked, but I'm not going to take the time to write up the same argument twice. Also- your point about limiting musical expression is completely ridiculous. Music has been used to promote human rights causes throughout history. Why should YOU be the one to stop it?! There is power in music- you will see when my CD comes out.
Sarah Levine Simon
I'm not saying stop it, just saying it limits the music to the cause. You could argue that Tosca promotes a human rights agenda and you'd be right, just saying music that's great is timeless and supercedes the issues of the day. And frankly that's why great music endures. Also, If you were so facile in your facts, it would be no bother for you to rewrite your post.
Rich Siegel
"Also, If you were so facile in your facts, it would be no bother for you to rewrite your post." The first really obnoxious thing you wrote was that I exist only in cyber-space. Now this is the 2nd. I'm not sure how you found me. I assume through mutual friends who are involved in music. You are probably re-thinking the advisability of having "friended" me. However, I would say, that if you do want to continue to be "friends" in this format, be respectful and polite. I have no patience for anything else. Thank you.
Sarah Levine Simon Actually you requested my friendship. I don't defriend because I disagree with someone. At the outset, I said, "let's agree to disagree." I also don't dislike my close friends who disagree with me. There's more to life than that. I believe I have been polite and respectful. It is logical to ask if someone exists beyond the cyber persona. Remember the Amanda Chapel debacle on FB. or Ni Personne.
Rich Siegel OK- Honestly I do not remember sending that request. I normally would not send a request to someone I don't know. Your message which asked "let's agree to disagree" also included propaganda nonsense. If you really wanted to let it go at "let's agree to disagree" you would not have included this

Translate